Sunday, December 2, 2012

Two Trees and a Cat

In the Garden of Eden there were two trees: The tree of life and the tree of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil. We were told not to eat from the second tree. We ate from it so that we could be like God, knowing good and evil. That meant that we didn't need to trust God anymore. We could know on our own what was right or wrong and make our own choices. And if God did or said something, we could judge whether what He said or did was right or wrong and then decide whether we should trust Him or not.

 I recently trapped and neutered a feral cat and decided to keep him. And now he hides under beds and couches, trying to avoid me, since he knows that I am evil and will try to kill and eat him. I'm worried, because he doesn't seem to be eating or drinking anything, and I don't know how long he can survive. So I seek relationship with a cat. And the cat has no faith in me.

 I wonder if God is trying to tell me something.

1 comment:

Bilbo said...

Hi J.H.C.,

If you delete all the profanity I would be happy to publish your comments. That's more than most atheist bloggers would do for me.