Saturday, April 5, 2014

Holocaust Denial and 9/11 Truthers

Kevin Ryan wrote what I thought was a very good article, The Holocaust, Mind Control, and 9/11, part of it about the friendship he and his wife developed with a Holocaust survivor, and the other about a rather shadowy character who had been involved in carrying out government mind control experiments and now seems to be trying to infiltrate the 9/11 Truth Movement.   But then in the combox, we get to hear from a 9/11 Truther, Kevin Barrett, who has become a Holocaust denier.  And then while doing a little exploring on the internet I found out that another 9/11 Truther, Jim Fetzer, has also become a Holocaust denier.

Now I wish I could say that both Barrett and Fetzer are not real 9/11 Truthers, and that they just pretend to be.  I'm pretty sure that they occupy the fringe of the 9/11 Truth Movement (when you're in the fringe of the fringe, that can be pretty fringey.)   I know Fetzer, at least for a while, fancied Judy Wood's Directed Energy Weapons hypothesis.  And I heard part of an interview in which Barrett referred to Judy Wood with respect.  So maybe Holocaust Denial only appeals to people who are ready to accept really whacko theories like Wood's.

But what if it appeals to other, "mainstream" 9/11 Truthers, also?  For quite a while now I've just sort of glossed over the many anti-Israel, anti-Zionist comments at 9/11 Blogger, thinking it was just a few of the liberals from the Noam Chomsky camp who were willing to buck his authority, think for themselves, and become 9/11 Truthers.  But what if they start spouting Holocaust Denial?

So when anti-9/11 Truthers paint us with the broad brush of anti-Semitism or Holocaust Denial,  can I honestly say that the overwhelming majority of us are really good, and that it's only a few bad apples that are spoiling it?  To be honest, I don't know.

If  the 9/11 Truth Movement is or becomes merely another tool for anti-Semitism, then I certainly wish to leave it behind.  There are more important Truths that need looking after.

Meanwhile, I think President Eisenhower told us who to suspect for things like 9/11:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A_II0H7X5O4










No comments: