Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Paul Nelson responds to PZ

Paul Nelson has responded to PZ Myers' attack here.

But if you're looking for snarkiness, Nelson isn't your man, I'm afraid:

" If you accuse someone of quote-mining, you actually have to read the source that supposedly was mined, to understand the context. If Myers had done so, he would have seen immediately that Wolpert makes exactly the same argument that I presented in the OD series: natural selection, at least as the process is conventionally modeled, cannot explain the origin of differentiation.

Myers has refused to say whether he read Wolpert 1994 before accusing me of quote mining the publication. As I'll show below, the evidence indicates he did not read the article. Given that my argument and Wolpert's are largely identical on the key point in question, Myers' charge of quote-mining amounts to slander."

That's about as nasty as Nelson ever manages to get.

No comments: